<VV> REEngine identification

Craig Nicol nicolcs at aol.com
Wed May 9 00:54:18 EDT 2007

<snip>
      I am trying to figure out the h.p. rating of an engine I purchased
awhile back? I think it is a 110 h.p. but want to make sure.The numbers on
the top of the  block are TOI25YN.The ones on the side are 3786752. Thanks
for the help. Lloyd <unsnip>

Craig replies:
Lloyd, YN code was used on '62 98hp MT engines, 62&'63 102hp MT engines, and
'64 110 MT engines.  If the "side" number is a cylinder head number, I can't
find any reference to that exact number, but numbers in that range 3786XXX
were ALL assigned to '63 and '63 engines.  '64-9 heads were 3856XXX 3878XXX
3883XXX 3886XXX.

Most likely it is a 102hp.  If you can confirm that the "side" number is a
cylinder head and/or you could come up with the distributor number we might
be able to nail it a little closer. HTH
Craig Nicol