<VV> '07 Fanbelt Toss?

Brandes, Guy GBrandes at loebermotors.com
Thu May 10 16:23:51 EDT 2007

It seems that a true FAN BELT TOSS would be a great game for picnics if
played like horse shoes with a belt instead of horseshoes.  Just a
thought.  Something to do while awaiting Concourse judges.

Regards,

Guy Brandes

Matt,

The Fan Belt Toss is the (short) name of the annual swap meet held in
Palm Springs at the end of every October. It's hosted by one of several
clubs in the area. It's properly called the Great Western Fan Belt Toss
and Swap Meet.

The valve cover race is similar to the pinewood derby or soapbox race,
but a Corvair valve cover is used as a basis for a free-rolling "car",
which is rolled down an incline straight track. Just a little amusement
game/toy thought up back a few years ago by somebody who IMHO had too
much time on their hands. LOL

-Mark

Borrrris at aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 5/9/2007 4:24:22 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
> Wrsssatty at aol.com writes:
>
> Will  there be a fanbelt toss this fall?
>
> OK, I'll be the one who asks.
> For the benefit of all the relative newcomers to Corsa and VV out
here:
> How exactly does the Fan Belt Toss work?
> Ditto the valve Cover Races.
>   Thanks, Matt from L.I. (66 Monza Coupe  110/PG)

are the property
mailto:vv-help at corvair.org
http://www.corvair.org/
Post messages to: VirtualVairs at corvair.org