<VV> Drive Train removal

Edelstein and Payne eandp at mindspring.com
Fri May 11 12:54:56 EDT 2007

Steve,

     A couple of years ago there was a diagram with dimensions in the Communique for a framework to use in lowering the drvietrain with an ATV jack (sorry I don't remember the issue).  My son and I built one out of 2x4's, and it worked nicely.  We put the car up on 6 ton Jack stands about 20 inches or so off the ground.  We got an ATV jack on sale at Sears, but you can get them a bit cheaper at places like Harbor Frieght or even Pep Boys. JUst jacked up the framework (bolted to the ATV jack), unbolted the motor mount and bolts at the transmission, disconnected everything else, and lowered it right down.  Piece of cake!!!  Go for it!

                Travis Payne   65 Monza coupe
                   Raleigh, NC