<VV> 140 pinging

Pitts10ch at aol.com Pitts10ch at aol.com
Sun May 13 16:04:31 EDT 2007

Ok guys next problem,

We took the Corsa out for the first (and probably last) mother's day Vair
cruise.  Baby seat and all.  I played with the timing and pulled the  bottom
shrouds.  No pinging.  Cool day though.  Highway cruise at  75 yielded 300
degrees cylinder head temp.  This all seems pretty happy,  however, when the
secondary carbs kick in, the thing has a dead miss.  When  they open up it goes
ffffffffffpop and then off it goes.  Any ideas?   Really a bummer on a hill in 3rd
gear.  Thanks as always.  It also  seems to fade during acceleration in 3rd
gear starting at 3200 rpm.  Almost  like worn out valve springs.

Chris
66 Corsa 140/4