<VV> metal vs. plastic fan

corvairs lonwall at corvairunderground.com
Tue May 15 12:56:41 EDT 2007

JR and all - The fan has nothing to do with the higher output. The
increase in air moved is in the motor - which puts out 40% (on average)
more rpms at only slightly higher electrical load than the older stock
motors. Of course if you have a really old stock motor it will be even
more impressive than that. The plastic fan, which is no longer
available, was always suggested not only because the metals one had
often come loose to the hub, but also because the increased motor rpms
put more start up stress to the 2 piece metal fan and would be more
likely to cause one to seperate.   Lon

www.corvairunderground.com
Do you get our E-Bullitin?