<VV> Re: (VV) Rear lower control arms

Robert Paul barnaby at shaw.ca
Wed May 16 10:47:57 EDT 2007

Hi one and all.
I have a problem with reattaching my lower control arms on my 66 convertable.  I took the engine out to re do all the seals this winter.  Now I can't get the passenger side control arms to match up with the differential carrier.  I followed the procedure in the shop manual and in How to keep your Corvair alive, but the arm seems to be twisted at about a 30 degree angle, so that the top right bolt will line up but everything else is twisted down.  The driver side matches up okay follwoing the proceedure in the manual.  I have take out the shock, but that doesn't help. Anybody have a similar problem?  (please don't tell me its an expensive fix)
Thanks for your cooperation.  The sooner this is fixed the sooner we're on the road.
All the best
Robert Paul
66 Monza Cont
65 Corsa 2dr ht