<VV> removing carbon from piston tops (with heads off)

Ray Rodriguez reray at echoes.net
Wed May 16 14:11:19 EDT 2007

I briefly considered this but was concerned about the wire brush scoring the
metal, especially the gasket surface of the jug....  are we quite certain
this is safe.. and if so how soft a wire brush would it require?

P.S. thanks to JR I now know the pistons are Forged as well!  I keep
uncovering all kinds of pleasant surprises on this car I bought to restore!
So far I have found: Offenhauser finned aluminum valve covers, clarks finned
oil pan, 280 isky cam, forged pistons, and Koni adjustable shocks, none of
which I was aware of when I bought the car.  I overpaid for the car, but all
these parts have more then made up for it!

Thanks!

Ray