<VV> RE: thermostats

Tony Underwood tonyu at roava.net
Thu May 17 12:24:44 EDT 2007

At 06:48 PM 5/16/2007, BBRT wrote:
>Well, I am not a geek or Geek and didn't know
>that both Alt 0176 and Alt 167 yield the degree symbol..
>;>) I was wrong in my previous post about Alt
>176 which is ⭑ and Alt 0167 is §. For those
>that don't know, the numerical key pad, with Num
>Lock OFF allows quite a few of the superscripts and other symbols.

ASCII code charts are readily available
everywhere on the web.    You can do all manner
and sorts of stuff with ASCII, including
graphics, even from a DOS prompt, with ASCII
characters available from your keyboard.    ANSI
allows color graphics...  :)

...they don't work on most laptop keyboards
though... at least not Toshiba's
keyboards.     Cut/copy&paste works though, if
you're really dedicated.    You can draw a 'Vair as a sig line...

tony..