<VV> RE: Thermostats - more data

Craig Nicol nicolcs at aol.com
Thu May 17 21:28:04 EDT 2007

Subject: RE: Thermostats - more data

Chuck asked:
<snip>
 I found that in a calibrated oven, the two I have start to expand at 2200 F

and expand fully between 225-2300 F  which would equate to doors fully open
(if properly adjusted). How does that compare with GM specs?
Chuck S <unsnip>

Craig sez:
I took another look at a different section of my trusty '61 manual and here
are the opening specs for the t-stats: "Start to open at 200-210F", "Full
open at 215-225F".  Sounds like yours are just slightly out of spec, but
it's likely that they will work just fine.

Craig Nicol