<VV> Re: 4 carb linkage

Chris & Bill Strickland lechevrier at earthlink.net
Sun May 20 03:15:28 EDT 2007

tc wrote:

> ... all 4 running together should be good with 4 primary carbs ...

I have done this and liked it very much (un-rotated -- easier linkage),
but it was back when fuel was well under a buck a gallon -- I do seem to
be in a minority on this though.  I had them linked all four
simultaneous -- much better than the progessive with secondaries.
Thirty-five years later, I might have second thoughts, but back then the
secondaries were never closed for very long.

PS: I also had tried an 1150 cfm center mount Holley three-barrel --
seemed a bit too much carb -- wound up with a custom Holley four-barrel,
blocked power valve (they blew out all the time anyhows), dual 50 cc
accel pumps, center pivot, metering block work, etc.  Ran almost as good
as the four primaries, but then again, I seem to be in the minority on
big Holley center mounts, too (everybody prissies out for those little
390 cfm jobs -- technically, probably a better place to start).  But the
exhaust was grey-white 2 hours and a 180 miles further down the road
(Roseburg to Damascus, OR).

Drive On!

Bill