<VV> LM Directional Sw question

henry kaczmarek kaczmarek at charter.net
Sun May 20 10:50:50 EDT 2007

Folks
While commuting in the EUM the other day, When I pushed down on the turn signal lever to turn left, the lever fell limp as a noodle, and the turn signals didn't come on.

Pulled the wheel this AM. And the directional plate (the piece that the screw for the end of the lever screws into) was cracked.

Freakin' cheap-ass plastic---The switch came from my old Monza (for TCC Folks the Navy Capt./Walter Carter/Ted Clarke/Win Rittal/Hank car). Plastic that only  holds together for 43 years! I should call GM and Bitch.

Seriously though, this is the part that currently lists from the vendors for about 10.00, and the whole switch doesn't have to be replaced at around 75.00

Question: I got out the phillips screw that holds the canceller plate, but the other piece of the arm  in the switch is still in there somehow, looks like a rubber bushing of some type.  Do you have to take the whole switch out of the column to remove/replace the canceller arm?

I've only done this once before (20 years ago) and I replaced the whole switch that time, so I don't know how to proceed.

Any ideas?

Hank