<VV> 61 loadside, SMOKIN! {OH NO!!!}

bs upnorth1 at gmail.com
Sun May 20 17:33:16 EDT 2007

So I decided to take my loadside down the freeway the other day. "Can I get her up to 70?" I be thinkin...

At 68 I remembered that I hadn't checked the air pressure in the tires, at 69 I saw a bit of white smoke in the mirror, at 57 the smoke was comin from the defrosters, I got turned around and she quit a mile or two outside of town. SURE WAS FUN THOUGH!!!

There were no unusual sounds or black smoke. I disconnected the line, got the carbs cleaned out with starter fluid and choke cleaner started up and drove home 6 miles. I had just changed the oil, and was about a quart low when the episode ended.

I am a hospital chaplain, not a mechanic. {that be changin i'm assured...} The carbs were loaded up with oil, coming from the line which apparently preheats the air for them. I think I have to start with taking the cowl off and trace back. Help!!! What am I looking for?

Not  gonna have a memorial service....

Thanks all..
Chaplain bob