<VV> RE: directional sw

Craig Nicol nicolcs at aol.com
Sun May 20 23:05:39 EDT 2007

Hank asked:

Pulled the wheel this AM. And the directional plate (the piece that the
screw for the end of the lever screws into) was cracked.

Question: I got out the phillips screw that holds the canceller plate, but
the other piece of the arm  in the switch is still in there somehow, looks
like a rubber bushing of some type.  Do you have to take the whole switch
out of the column to remove/replace the canceller arm?

I've only done this once before (20 years ago) and I replaced the whole
switch that time, so I don't know how to proceed.

Any ideas? <unsnip>

Craig sez
Unplug the connectors at the base of the column and take out the three
screws that hold the switch.  Pull the switch out as much as you can and
flip it over. The retaining screw is on the back of the switch.
Craig