<VV> Fun things mechanics will tell you ...

Charles Lee at Proper Pro Per chaz at ProperProPer.com
Mon May 21 00:31:23 EDT 2007

It would be like in the movie "Vacation" (?) where the guy breaks down on
vacation, and takes his car to a mechanic :

Car owner : "How much will it cost ?"

Mechanic : "How much you got ?"

I think so of them go home at night and tell stories about "Today I told a
guy that my tune-up was good, but it still ran rough because his clutch is
slipping, and he believed it !  You wouldn't believe it."

True story, except that I responded, "Do you actually find some people who
believe you when you say things like that ?"  So then he said, "It's
probably the catalytic converter," and when I didn't buy that one, he tried,
"It has to reprogram itself after it warms up."

It turned out that he crossed two ignition wires when I made him look
closer.  Sheesh !

My brother blew some nice holes in his pistons when a guy "tuned up" his
Corsa before driving from Virginia to New York, and the theory that it would
"warm up."  Never did, though, - yup, two wires were crossed.