<VV> Speedometer

AeroNed at aol.com AeroNed at aol.com
Tue May 22 00:12:05 EDT 2007

In a message dated 5/21/2007 7:43:49 A.M. Central Daylight Time,
hanssmom at cox.net writes:

What is  the likelihood I can replace the wheel bearing cap without  breaking
it?

Connie,

The speedometer cable is just that, a cable. As such it has plenty of
flexibility. Just use a blade screw driver and pry the cap off by going all the  way
around the edge, not just one spot. Be prepared to catch the parts that
might come out. I have had the spring retainer and cable mount come out, but
usually there's enough grease in the cap to hold them in place. Don't worry,  it's
an easy job.

Ned