<VV> Flywheels ain't alone (No Corvair)

Smitty Smith vairologist at verizon.net
Tue May 22 13:37:29 EDT 2007

Smitty Says:  When I first built my 38 Chev hot rod, for reasons of economics I used a PowerGlide transmission until I could afford better,  Had a stick shift in the floor and no automatic features of any kind left in the transmission.  It was a great joy to blast off in low and catch somebody doing maybe 60 mph and shift right alongside them.  The car would shift sideways in the rear and it would light up the tires like it was just starting off.  One day I miss judged the point at which I would be passing this guy and had to hold it in low a little long.  All at once there was a huge bang and the car was filled with a dense pink fog that I could hardly see through.  The bellhousing hump had a big hole in it and the converter was split about half way around.  Wonder if Billy Bruce ever considered that possibility?