<VV> Re: AXLE QUESTION

N2VZD at aol.com N2VZD at aol.com
Wed May 23 19:42:05 EDT 2007

i have late model guts in both my greenbrier and my rampy.  i had to  make
shims out of 1/4 inch stock to get the clearance needed .it was not that  hard
to do. i had the aluminum around from older radio front panels.
 the details are in pictures on the web picture site of my stuff by  thomas
in germany.
the only reason i went to all of this trouble is i had 2 very very low
mileage late differentials . so far it has worked out well.make sure the axles
turn freely when they are tightened , or the bearings will fail in a short
time.(all the load will be on one surface).
the web site is :   _http://corvair.de/n2vzd/_ (http://corvair.de/n2vzd/)
i hope this helps.
regards, tim colson