<VV> carbs

LonzoVair at aol.com LonzoVair at aol.com
Thu May 24 08:51:16 EDT 2007

In a message dated 5/24/2007 8:41:18 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
computerwhiz31 at gmail.com writes:

<<i need a new set of carbs for my 66. it's a 95 engine. my sets are off a 65
110, and they suck. my original ones were burned up. does anyone have a good
set that i can buy??>>

Jon,
Carburetors are SUPPOSED to suck.....
;-)

Ok, now that I've said that, let me say this... the carbs you have on there
now *should* be identical to the ones that melted... the only difference
possibly being the main jet. You should first make sure they are balanced properly
(instructions are in the 65 Corvair Shop Manual, or one of the guys here might
give you details if you don't know how), and maybe look inside them to see if
something is clogging a passage. Also check for worn linkage and worn shafts,
and they can cause all sorts of problems, too.
By getting another set of carbs you could possibly be getting another set of
problems...
Just my two cents...

Good luck!
Lonzo... all my carbs suck just fine...

Lon Anderson in White Mills, KY
CORSA, Corvanatics, Derby City Corvair, Central Kentucky Corvair
1961 Greenbrier
1963 Greenbrier
1964 700 sedan
1969 Monza coupe... FOR SALE