<VV> Electrical Problem

Ron ronh at owt.com
Sat May 26 20:12:23 EDT 2007

My '62 wagon came with standard aftermarket Halogen headlights and an alternator replacing the generator. The problem is that the headlight switch breaker trips when driven with the high beams on.  My other Corvairs are all similarly equipped and none of them have ever had that problem.  The headlights are bright and no shorts are in evidence and the voltage is within normal values.  Are the replacement light switches weak?  Two of them have fried so far. Does anyone have any experience with this?
Thanks,
RonH