<VV> Electrical Problem

Chris & Bill Strickland lechevrier at earthlink.net
Sun May 27 12:15:39 EDT 2007

 > > Are the replacement light switches weak? Two of them have fried so
far. < <

Quality-built replacement switches seem to be in the $50 category these
days -- I'd certainly be complaining to the supplier if'n one of these
was giving me similar problems.

You don't quite say what your "standard aftermarket Halogen headlights"
are -- sealed beam style by GE (domestic) or replaceable bulb style by
Bosch (European) with modern overdriven "kiddie" bulbs, or something
else ...

I have had no problems running four halogen high beam systems (custom
wired) with the stock switch -- yeah, I should have used relays, but,
if'n it ain't broke, don't fix it ...  with the current price of good
switches, I'd probably opt for the relays now.

Bill Strickland