<VV> No Corvair Mechanical Question - Update

Garth Stapon corvair2 at earthlink.net
Sun May 27 22:50:25 EDT 2007

My local flaps has a loaner tool program.

I bought most of my parts there and went in to discuss my delima.

The suggested that I borrow their puller kit. $ 95 deposit and I was down the road.

30 minutes after arriving home it was off. It also had great directions in the kit. As a shade tree mechanic this was new territory for me.

The belt needs replacement. I ordered new rad hoses, an alternator and a water pump.

New belts all around.

Re-assembly tomorrow.

Not much room to wrench under that hood. I went to Home depot and bout a seven piece wrench set that has a socet design on one end. What a time saver. everyone should ask for a set of these for their birthday.

I spoiled myself since I did not have to buy the puller kit. Only $70 bucks. Husky is not Snapon, but they have an articulated  head and have proved to be a great time saver.

Happy Memorial Day to all.

And to the Canucs on the list I hope that Victoria Day was a smash.

Hank, I am proud of you for making the plunge on the van.

That Van could not find a better home.

Regards, Garth