<VV> RE: 4 to 5 bolt conversion

Craig Nicol nicolcs at aol.com
Mon May 28 14:51:55 EDT 2007

<snip>
This is to all you fanatics out there. I'm a newbe corvair junky and would
like to know how to convert a 4 lug wheel off of a 63 conv. to a 5 lug wheel
and still fit the wheelwells. Thanks in advance, Paul.
<unsnip>

First, let me say that I have no personal experience with this 'cause I'm
more of a late model guy but in my understanding the front can be converted
by installing late-model hubs and re-drilling the drums.  The rear axles and
drums can be removed and re-drilled (machine shop)for 5-lug bolts.  This is
the simplest solution. Whether or not the wheels fit under the wheel wells
depends on the width of the replacement wheel and tire.  Check this site for
ideas: http://autoxer.skiblack.com/wheelpics.html
Craig Nicol