<VV> LM power top motor revisited

Michael Kovacs kovacsmj at sbcglobal.net
Mon May 28 19:44:09 EDT 2007

Thanks to all those who answered the first call. I still cannot get either motor to operate.

   There is 12V from the circuit breaker to the motor
   There is 12V from the under dash switch to the relay for up or down via 2 wires.
   The relay will not click, and of course the motor will not run.
  I get the same exact results with either relay or motor hooked up properly and grounded.

   I now suspect the problem is with the motor(s). The up or down 12 V to the relay  also sends 12V into the motor (via 2 wires) to determine which way the motor turns. This must also ground the relay to allow it to close to send 12V from the circuit breaker to the motor. I think that whatever device in the motor is supposed to ground the relay is not functioning.

   I did not disassemble the motor, but is is clean inside and not rusty or corroded.

   There must be someone out there that can help diagnose this problem or repair the motor.

MIKE KOVACS