<VV> Loose Oil Pickup Fit

Sethracer at aol.com Sethracer at aol.com
Tue May 29 01:46:42 EDT 2007

In a message dated 5/28/2007 6:12:54 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
keanproducts at sbcglobal.net writes:

Not to  preach (because I overlook information in my shop manual all of the
time), but  this is what is called out in the shop manual (1965 version: page
6-49):  "before installation of oil pump screen and tube, the end of the tube
(on the  outside diameter) must be tinned".

mine fell out of the case half when  I removed the bolt. That got my
attention. I replaced it with a extended  pickup for the Otto parts pan that I am
using.

jack  kean

Tinning it would probably be a pain, (especially since the Otto Parts piece
is Aluminum!!) I have used Permatex #2 or #3 (whichever one is the tube,  not
the can)  to seal it and it has always worked. Same with the Otto Parts
pickup. -Seth