<VV> RE: oil pickup tubes

Steven R. Marti srmarti at netzero.net
Tue May 29 10:14:15 EDT 2007

Last time I had a loose one I tinned it like the shop manual recommends.  If
I had to fix a loose non-ferrous one, I would try and expand the diameter of
the tube inserting a steel rod inside to use as an anvil and hammering
carefully on the O.D. to stretch he metal and increase the diameter.

I've done this many times to refit loose tuning slides on trumpets, French
horns and such.  The advantage is it eliminates any worry about introducing
a sealant that you have to wonder about how it will stand up long term.

Steve Marti

Checked by AVG Free Edition.
11:40 AM