<VV> RTV abuse?

JVHRoberts at aol.com JVHRoberts at aol.com
Tue May 29 11:07:38 EDT 2007

Exactly. Too much is ALWAYS bad in the RTV world. A thin bead is all that's
needed.

In a message dated 5/29/2007 9:55:42 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
reray at echoes.net writes:

What would be considered RTV abuse? Where should I and  where shouldn't I use
it... or is it simply a matter of not using too  much?  So far I've used
orange RTV on the new gaskets I installed on the  oil pan and the top engine
cover... should I not have?  I suppose I'm  just a bit overzealous in trying to
prevent future oil leaks!  I have a  full gasket set... using RTV for good mea
sure.

Any/all advice appreciated.

Ray  Rodriguez