<VV> LM power top motor revisited

Michael Kovacs kovacsmj at sbcglobal.net
Tue May 29 16:47:09 EDT 2007

Jim, That makes sense except for one thing. The top switch under the dashboard has 12V to it. It is a (red) 12V lead in the middle position. Activating  the switch sends 12V to one side or the other of the relay. I did not trace where the 12V comes from, but will.

  The two wires seem to be an add on (option?) as they do not come from a wire bundle, but seem to go directly over to the inside tunnel cover to the back of the car.
  .
   I also removed the back side of the motor last night and there is a contact point in there near the brushes, but I haven't figured out yet what that does. I'll keep plugging.

   This should make an interesting report when it is done.

Jim Bannister <jimster1 at earthlink.net> wrote:
  Ok folks,
The relay clicks by the top switch supplying a ground to the relay. The
relay in turn supplies a ground to one of two windings. One winding for CW,
the other for CCW. If no clickie on the relay, check that the switch is
actually connected to a good ground. Remember dash's are notorious for
having flaky ground connections.
Jim B.
Power top electromeister