<VV> Steel tops, was: convertibles

airvair airvair at richnet.net
Wed May 30 09:24:54 EDT 2007

Absolutely correct. In fact it was GM that was first to be able to stamp
a solid steel top. They then marketed it as the first "turret top"
available. I retired from GM with 30 years in diemaking, but no, I
didn't work on that one. It came out, I think, around '33. Something for
which Fisher Body was very proud.

-Mark