<VV> Towing a Vair?

George Jones georgedjones at gmail.com
Wed May 30 23:33:14 EDT 2007

On 5/30/07, Eddie A. Johnson <merryjay at hotmail.com> wrote:

> ... for towing a 66 Vert with a F150?

Sacrilege! In spite of that, and in response to your question, most any tow
bar will do, but you'll likely need to fabricate adapters to connect it to
your Vair. I've not seen one that adapts to a Corvair with ease, and still
allows me to feel comfortable towing my car. With that said, I've seen
people who remove their front bumpers to attach it to the bumper mounts, and
I've seen some who leave the bumper in place and have special clamps to
attach to the bumper. My preference is to shorten the bumper mounts, add a
1/4" mount for the tow bar that drops down below the bumper. To each their
own though.

--
George Jones