<VV> Trackevents

levair at aol.com levair at aol.com
Thu May 31 13:45:19 EDT 2007

There are FOUR entries for the Waterford Hills track event,!!!!!

I have put on some track events by myself so know exactly what NECC is up against.
Tracks rent for $5000 to $10,000. The organizer is liable whether or not you enter.
Every one wants a well organized event. How is that possible if the organziers don't know in advance who is coming?
   I do practice what I preach. I was not able to attend Mossport last year but sent my entry fee anyway. That is,  in effect a vote for future events that you cannot attend if the organizer has no confidence of financial survival.
  You do not need a race car, or even safety equipment if you do the "Taste of the Track".
   I actually have more fun when I know that I cannot win and get to relax and watch the young lions battle it out with Bruce Carlton.
   The muffler rule is a non issue. Every one has the same preceived loss of performance. I too miss the open header sound but it is simply a wave of the future. SCCA is currently studying sound control for all events, including autocrosses. I'ts either sound control or eventual loss of all sites. loss of sites is already occuring on a large scale.
  On the site issue:  There is NO reason for a site owner to lend or rent us a site for an autocross; It's a miracle if we get one at all. I've already entered the autocross. If it doesn't suit my car, I'll beg for a ride in a stock suspended one.

   Helmet in hand,

Warren