<VV> Convertible is home - reviving the engine?

Ken Campbell deltainc at grm.net
Sat Nov 3 19:29:03 EST 2007

----- Original Message -----
From: "Blaine Sanders" <utvairs at yahoo.com>
Subject: <VV> Convertible is home - reviving the engine?

After an excruciating two week wait, I finally brought my new '64 Monza
Convertible home today.  WD-40 down the plug holes and let it sit for a
couple days?  Motor oil?

EEK !   WD-40 has almost NO lubricating properties ... do not ever use on
rubbing parts ....

I would squirt Marvel Mystery Oil, or any brand ATF, or 0 weight Mobil One
...... down the plug holes, leave the plugs out, and turn the engine over by
hand/wrench and let set a day or two, then repeat a few times ....

if you get a little too much wet stuff down the plug holes, it may spit back
all over the engine compartment, so you might lay a shop rag over the holes
before turning over ... (g) ...

reargards, ken campbell, deltawerkes