<VV> clean & seal gas tank

Blaine Sanders utvairs at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 3 23:59:02 EST 2007

In the next couple of weeks I'm going to be cleaning and sealing my gas tank.  I'll be using clarks no-name sealer (unless someone tells me it's worthless and I should get the POR 15 stuff.).  What is the best way to clean out 17 years of old gas/sludge from the tank?  I've heard that putting a length of chain and shaking it does the trick.  What about kerosene, laquer thinner, or something like that? Or even some fresh gasoline, to help dissolve the sludge?

Thanks,

Blaine