<VV> Worst new car buys - NOW with Corvair

FrankCB at aol.com FrankCB at aol.com
Sun Nov 4 10:35:02 EST 2007

Hi Frank,
    IMHO to consider cars as ASSETS is like considering  FOOD as an asset.
Unless it's a Corvair (or other collector car), you  don't expect it to have
even a possibility of increasing in value like a house  or stock would hopefully
do.
    I agree with you about buying cars a couple of  years old to take
advantage of the high first few years depreciation.  Our  first Corvair (1965 Monza
Convertible) was bought in 1967 with only 11,000 miles  on it for $1000.  But
now I'm so particular about exactly what options I  want on a car that I
generally prefer to order them from the factory and wait  1-2 months for them to
BUILD just what I want.  It took visits to SIX  different GM dealers before I
bought the 95 TransSport and that was ordered from  the factory.  It's amazing
how few car salesmen know or can find out about  the cars that they try to sell.
    Frank "fussy" Burkhard

In a message dated 11/3/2007 11:51:40 AM Eastern Daylight Time,