<VV> Re: BURNT PISTONS

N2VZD at aol.com N2VZD at aol.com
Mon Nov 5 19:01:11 EST 2007

last time i generated a set of pistons like those was with a 9891 cam, 140
heads with 2 carbs ,  and powerglide in my rampy with distributor  mechanical
advance set to dump too soon.  it finally self destructed going  up rte 30 out
of manchester, vt (heck of a long steep hill!)a few years ago. oh  sure you
could hear it happening...with about a mile of cars behind me and no  escape.
at least i was able to get home (200 miles) with lots of oil  stops...
i now have some more hard luck trophy parts..and a new good running engine
so far.
regards, tim colson