<VV> need help diagnosing fuel problem

Ray Rodriguez reray at echoes.net
Tue Nov 6 22:42:46 EST 2007

The car last ran 6 months ago, battery was dead.  Replaced battery and cranked... no fuel.

Disconnected fuel line at carb.. no fuel

Disconnected fuel line under car (before fuel pump) and it was dry....

Cranked car with my finger over the fuel pump end of the fuel line.. no noticeable vacuum (should there be vacuum from the dry fuel pump while cranking?

Just out of gas?  Not likely, but possible if the fuel tank was leaking slowly without anyone's knowledge.. guage reads 3/4 and is correct as far as anyone knows.

So what do you think?  Where should I start?  This is a 110 Monza, I have a 140 Corsa I can steal parts off of to diagnose if neccesary.

Ray Rodriguez