<VV> Plugs: AC-R44F = AC-44F?

Frank DuVal corvairduval at cox.net
Tue Nov 6 22:51:50 EST 2007

Your linage of part numbers is backwards.

44FF is the original plug for the Corvair. When these were discontinued,
the 44F was available.
R just means resistor version. i.e. R44F is resistor version of 44F. One
can use the R versions to replace the non R versions just fine. In fact,
most "people" prefer the resistor versions to standard plugs for
everyday driving. Helps cut out AM radio static. But who listens to AM????

The FF plug is threaded all the way to the end. The F plug stops a
thread short of the end. The total length that sticks into the head is
the same, so performance is OK.

BTW, low horsepower engines used 46FF. Some turbo owners used 43FF or
42FF plugs way back.

I have used Bosch for years.

Frank DuVal