<VV> smokey heat

J R Read_HML hmlinc at sbcglobal.net
Thu Nov 8 18:35:52 EST 2007

Smokey Heat...  oil burning off from a leak someplace or exhaust fumes?
Tell us which and we can tell you the likely sources.  The O rings are
likely fine.

TorConv....   Common for the torque converter to leak down during a non-use
period.  The tranny gets full to the top and the leak is usually from the
(split/damaged) rubber cover on the shift cable just before the entry point
to the tranny (which is near the top).  Clean and inspect.  If there is a
split, you can "fix" it with a length of hose, lots of RTV and 3 or 4 hose
clamps.  The more modern version is shrink rap tape.  If it is really driven
daily, you may not experience the leak even without the fix until it gets
parked again for a few days.

Later, JR
CCE CORVANANTICS CORSA member
'61 Rampside Standard 4/110
'65 Monza Convertible 4/140
'66 beater 500 Coupe "icemobile" 4/140 (50%)