<VV> smokey heat

Frank DuVal corvairduval at cox.net
Thu Nov 8 22:13:23 EST 2007

Your PG question has been answered, so here is the O-Ring answer:

A good rule of thumb on Corvair engines is to open the damper doors and
look at the exhaust manifold clamps. Three on each manifold. If any
clamps are wet with oil, replace the pushrod tube o-rings.

There are many other places to leak though! gggg

And don't forget to clean the top of the head and oil cooler.

Gunk spray engine cleaner has been used for years to get engines clean
enough to see where the leaks are starting.

Frank DuVal