<VV> Project planning - front end rebuild/gas tank/dual mc

Chris C ricorvair at cox.net
Fri Nov 9 12:52:31 EST 2007

This year my 65 started leaking gas if I fill it over 1/2 way.

So I figure on dropping the tank.

I am guessing the filler neck is leaking.  I presume I have to remove
the tank to fix that, might as well buy a new tank.  And if I do I have
to drop the front suspension.  And if I do that I might as well replace
the brake line, and if I am going to do that, it would be a good time to
upgrade to a DUAL MC.

The shocks are 4 years old, and the bushings are 2 years old (did not do
the ball joints).

Anything else I should do while I am at it.  Figure on por-15ing
everywhere I can not get to with  the parts in place.  Being very
careful to stay away from threads.

Anybody know if any of our vendors are planning an end of year sale.

Thanks to all.