<VV> Detroit Convention Awards

kenpepke at juno.com kenpepke at juno.com
Mon Nov 12 06:57:44 EST 2007

> I have a question about the awards at the Detroit convention...
> Has everyone received their "plaques" that go on the awards (if you
>got a "trophy")??
The Detroit Area Corvair Club offers it's most humble apology.

Probably most of you have heard of the severe weather and flooding
that occurred following the Convention.  Some of you were victims of
the flooding as was our supplier of both merchandise and trophies.
They were heavily flooded and lost much merchandise and also
suffered severe damage to their production machinery.

They have been repairing equipment, replacing merchandise, and
distributing items as they are able.  To date more that 90% of the
merchandise and many of the trophies have been shipped.  There are
still some items on back order and they will be sent as soon as we
receive them from the supplier.

The DACC thanks you for you patience.

Ken Pepke
President