<VV> 110 Question smoke cloud

Brandes, Guy GBrandes at loebermotors.com
Mon Nov 12 17:20:36 EST 2007

Hi Bill,

This seems to be quite a common occurrence with CORVAIRS and there are a
number of explanations but it doesn't appear to be all that unusual
unless it happens all the time.  Some say it's the way the car is parked
others that it is a cylinder distortion or all the ring gaps are lining
up.  What ever it is I wouldn't worry to much about it.

Regards,

Guy

Brandes

B"H

While there's a thread that's hot regarding engines...my 69 110 started
up the other day in a cloud of blue smoke :=(

I checked the oil level and found it about 1/2 quart low.  This only
happened like 2 times, yesterday I didn't notice anything unusual.  I
felt inside the
tailpipe (when it was cold of course) and no greasy oily residue was
there.  FYI, all smog gear was removed ages ago by a previous owner.

I'm planning on checking compression in all cylinders, but does anyone
have any experience with this type of symptom?

Also, any suggestions for checking compression (besides following the
general directions that come with the test gauge)?

Thanks all...Bill Hershkowitz 69 Monza Sport Coupe 110 PG