<VV> blue smoke on start up.

richard white sarge9444 at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 12 23:41:20 EST 2007

 I would guess a bad valve guide if its occasional, perhaps that piston if its at top center can suck oil in on the intake stroke on start up. Assuming its an intake. Radial engines were notorious for this for those of you who remember. If its occasional I wouldn't worry until it starts doing it all the time. You could do a compression check. Of course you might find something you don't want to know about. Maybe better to let sleeping dogs lay.
Rich