<VV> Late model trunk lock

kenpepke at juno.com kenpepke at juno.com
Wed Nov 14 16:17:42 EST 2007

This is still an awful lot of work compared to finding a key that will work.  It
is easy to do ... no bothering with breaking the lamp bucket seal and trying
to get it resealed.  You will hardly get your hands dirty.  It works for any year.
Ken Pepke

This was discussed a few months back in VV.  If you are right handed  remove
the driver's side headlight chrome trim which will expose the screws/nuts
that hold the headlight bucket in place--remove them.  Push firmly, but  slowly
in (I used a towel over the headlights when I had to do this), rocking  the
bucket from side to side as the 40 year old sealer breaks loose.  When  the
bucket has been pushed back into the trunk you can reach in and turn the end  of
the flat rod that protrudes slightly from the lock mechanism.  (This is  the rod
that is attached to the key cylinder and extends into the lock  mechanism).
The trunk will pop open as it