<VV> Re: tire pressure - was wobble

Mike Kost vairmike at sbcglobal.net
Thu Nov 15 14:33:44 EST 2007

I have never found 40psi all around to be a desirable condition for
autocross (or any other situation). I have not run the latest "HOT" tire
or slicks but I agree with Seth that for racing you set the pressures
based on tire patch and on course response. You can often get by with
less differential in autocrossing than on the street because there is
less physical consequences if you loose it in a turn. In racing you can
afford to be a little more on the edge than on the street due to greater
concentration and skill. With proper alignment and driver skill the
handling may improve with reduced differential but may be less safe for
every day street driving.

Mike Kost
27 years of Corvair autocrossing
36 years driving Corvairs on twisty country roads