<VV> More Megasquirt - anyone running on a 110?

Blaine Sanders utvairs at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 15 17:04:36 EST 2007

Thank you all for the wonderful informative replies to my Megasquirt tbi questions.  I've gained a lot of valuable information about MS and Throttlebody injection.

But is there anyone running the MS with throttle-body injection on a 2-carb engine (110, 102, 85, etc.)?

The GSXR throttlebody seems to be the most popular for the 140 guys.  But will those separate and run completely independent, such that the one with the TPS could be ran on one side, and the other primary ran on the other, and not use the secondaries?

The 38mm throat on those is quite a bit bigger than the stock rochesters, so it seems that two would be plenty on a 110.  I don't want to get into extensive (expensive) head modifications here.  I want to be able to bolt up (with the use of a fabricated adapter, of course) to the original carb flanges [note: I plan on porting the head to match as close as possible the 38mm throat on the tb, so the head wouldn't be a bottleneck.)

Any thoughts, comments, criticisms?  Any pics of a completed MS setup using these throttle bodies?  Anyone using the MS on a 110 or similar?  Which throttlebodies did you use?  Are you happy with the results?  If not, what would you do different?

THanks,
Blaine