<VV> KSL TV retiring anchor to drive away in a Corvair!

Wayne B. afvair at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 16 08:43:28 EST 2007

Hello Corvair friends,

Dick Nourse KSL-TV channel 5 anchor,  will be retiring
friday.  My brother Don received a phone call from
Bruce Lindsey head of the
news team this week asking permission to use his
corvair to film for the news.  He said that when Dick
started work at the TV station back in the '60s, he
drove to work in a corvair....and he wants to retire
and exit the station in a corvair to.

My brother Don Broadhead from the Bonneville Corvair
Club,  was asked to provide his convertible, a show
quality 1963 monza vert in azure aqua, for Dick Nourse
to drive away in.

If you happen to live in the intermountain area, of
Idaho, Utah, Nevada, Arizona...you may see it, news
times are 6:00p.m., 6:30p.m. and 10:00p.m..  I thought
this was a fun story to let the Corvair community  be
aware of.  It isn't everyday that such a story
happens, especially on the largest TV station in the
city.

Wayne Broadhead
Bonneville Corvair Club
66 coupe