<VV> 102 Update - Bad Flywheel?

Blaine Sanders utvairs at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 17 19:18:35 EST 2007

I think I have a bad flywheel.  At idle, I can hear a loud clattering sound coming from the area, and the whole car shakes like it's about to come apart at the seams.  Could it be anything besides the flywheel?

Good news is, I got the resurrected 102 running nice and smooth today.  I used some
super-duper engine clean that I bought from NAPA.  Idled it for 10
minutes as the instructions said.  By the time I was done, my
clattering lifters had all quieted down, and the smoke from the road
draft tube is all but gone.  I have excellent, even compression in all
cylinders, so I'm assuming the junk got my rings unstuck as well.

Blaine