<VV> Corvair Humor

Bill H. gojoe283 at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 17 19:23:27 EST 2007

                                      B"H

Being a relatively new member of the Corvair family,
the dumbest thing that ever happened to me was, that
my car came with two white wires hanging loose inside
the glove box.  I had no idea what they were for.  At
the same time, I wanted to replace the "broken"
factory indash clock, with a quartz unit.  There's an
excellent article on doing this in the CORSA Tech
guide so I thought I'd take a crack at it.  I picked
up an inexpensive quartz battery clock at a discount
store for around $5. and got started...

After taking forever to carefully remove the dash from
the car,  and taking the clock unit out, I
discovered...A QUARTZ CLOCK!  And those two wires?
For the 1.5 volt battery!  When I connected a battery
to the wires, the clock worked perfectly!  All that
work for nothing...but I replaced the movement anyway
since I had a brand new unit and the whole thing was
apart anyway...and the new unit had a better
attachment method (threaded shaft and washers with a
nut instead of glue).

Truthfully I wouldn't have ever had any clue those
wires were for the clock...I thought they were for the
glovebox light or something...DUH!

Regards...Bill Hershkowitz 69 Monza Coupe 110 PG