<VV> Wire connections - no Corvair

Craig Nicol nicolcs at aol.com
Sun Nov 18 13:12:27 EST 2007

<snip>
I need some advise.  My Probe GT was stolen.  I recovered it (sans wheels
and battery).  When I attempted to replace the battery, I found that the
harness leads to the battery posts had been cut (the jerks even went to the
trouble of going several inches back from the battery post connection to
make the cuts).  Is it possible to splice (butt connections) wires to what
is left of the leads, or am I looking at replacing the entire wiring
harness? Stephen U <unsnip>

Reply: As others have mentioned, the negative cable is easy to replace as a
separate item; just measure the required total length.  As far as the
positive cable is concerned, I have purchased replacement end sections that
included about 8" of cable and a compression fitting that is tightened to
the end of the remaining cable - it makes an excellent and permanent repair.
I'll try and find the Napa number for you.

Craig Nicol