<VV> Stripped threads/plug holes

Secular rusecular at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 18 10:23:21 EST 2007

  >> One thing I have never done is cross thread a plug......yet.

  ----

  You must be newbie to cross threading Rick but, have no fear -  Do exactly as I say,
  and you'll hold your head up high soon, like a pro:
    1) Warm up the engine. Preferably past 400 degrees. An engine with one or
    two quarts short in oil would be ideal.

    2) turn it off by turning the ignition switch counter clockwise.

    3) start taking the hardest spark plug first. Tighten to 80 ft-lbs first - then unscrew
    the plug real fast, while pulling the ratchet wrench left to right vigorously.
  I'm certain others will show you a different method, ** ignore them ** ! focus on what I just taught you :)

  One of these days, you'll own a V8 corvair and it'll be much harder cross threading that jewel...so
  enjoy it while you have an good aluminum engine.

  Regards,

  Tony I.